Lead Free Flashing – 150mm x 5m – Smooth – Black
This lead free flashing is an aluminium based, EPDM high performance, low cost flashing products.
It is used as a replacement for traditional lead in flat and pitched roof applications. Our lead free flashing is made of sheet aluminium, with a protective anti-corrosion coating and a high performance butyl adhesive on the underside.
What are the key qualities of lead free flashing?
Installation of our lead free roof flashing is simple, with no special tools required it can be cut with a knife or scissors. This product is easy to form and to adapt to various surfaces; this malleability ensures the permanent water tightness of the product and an attractive appearance every time. This type of roof flashing provides a permanent bond to brickwork, roof tiles and most popular construction materials.
This type of lead free flashing has many advantages over traditional lead roof flashings and abutments for those working in the roofing industry – it’s easier to carry and transport, easier and faster to install, and provides a highly durable, professional finish. The product’s high stretchability in both directions and needs only a pair of scissors and roller to apply it. This lead-free material will stretch up to 50% lengthwise and 15% crosswise.
What are the main applications of lead free flashing?
In terms of the key applications of our lead free roof flashing, they include but are not limited to:
- All wall abutments & upstands
- Chimneys for chasing into brickwork
- Pipe flashings
- Gas & wood burner flues
- Step flashing
- Horizontal wall junctions
- Top edge abutments
- Mansard roofs, dormers and rooflights
- Roof outlets, and much more…
What are the key features of lead free flashing?
The key features of this type of high-quality roof flashing are
- Easily installed using a knife or scissors to cut.
- Can be installed and worked in any direction using a mallet, roller or by hand.
- Once satisfied, it is easy to remove the release film and press the material to the brickwork or applicable surface.
- Joints should have a minimum overlap of 100mm. To achieve permanent adhesion, the building material surface has to be clean and dry.
- A bituminous primer is recommended for unstable material surfaces.
- Our lead free flashing is 50% faster to install than lead
- No scrap value so no risk of theft
- For use on any roof / junction type (flat, pitched, dormer etc.)
- 100% non toxic
- Matching appearance of lead. Looks like lead to the eye, but not to the touch, so maintaining aesthetics but deterring thieves
- Over 50% lighter than lead providing easier handling and health and safety advantages.
How will my lead free flashing be delivered?
Any lead free flashing orders will be sent on a free next working day (24 hour) UK delivery service.
Your order will be dispatched the same working day if received by 1pm otherwise it will be dispatched the next working day.